Reading Time: 2 minutes

A 55-year-old man of Lomshiyo, Ntfonjeni, died by suicide after allegedly discovering that he was not the biological father of one of his children.


Mfanimpela Dlamini’s body was found in a decomposing state in the Peak Timber forest by residents yesterday. He had been working in the mines in South Africa.

According to sources close to the matter, a note was found on the body in which he explained why he had decided to end his life.

In the note, he disclosed that he was deeply hurt after discovering that the child in question was allegedly fathered by a family member.

The man also stated that he had reached a breaking point after trying several times to send his wife back to her parental home following the discovery. However, he claimed that her family would return her against his wishes.

The deceased is from the same family as the soldier who allegedly shot and killed three of his relatives three years ago.

Sources alleged that Dlamini had previously opened up about the paternity of one of his children, accusing a family member of having an affair with his wife, which resulted in the birth of the child.

These allegations were reportedly well known within the Lomshiyo community, and it is alleged that some family members were aware of the relationship.

Dlamini, who returned from the mines last year, reportedly began having suspicions, which later led to a DNA test being conducted.

Sources stated that the test reportedly excluded him as the biological father of the child.

It is alleged that the woman later reported the matter to traditional authorities at Lomshiyo, claiming that she was suffering abuse at the hands of her husband.

According to a member of the inner council at Lomshiyo, the matter was supposed to be deliberated last week but was postponed after the woman’s family requested more time.

NOW READ | A global celebration of culture

Family members contacted by this publication declined to comment. However, one family member confirmed that Dlamini was found dead on Saturday after he had gone missing last Tuesday.

“What I can say is that he had some problems which I cannot divulge. Most of the information is now with the police,” said the family member.

Meanwhile, social media posts allegedly shared by the man have left many community members in shock, as some believe he may have been aware of his deteriorating emotional state.

Community members who followed him on Facebook said some of his posts had left them confused at the time, but following the discovery of his body, they now believe he may have been going through a difficult period.

Deputy Chief Police Information and Communications Officer, Assistant Superintendent Nosipho Mnguni, confirmed the incident.

She said police were still investigating the matter.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here