Manzini Wanderers have reportedly axed goalkeeper Simanga Dlamini ahead of the January transfer window.
The burly shot-stopper made his debut last Sunday against Mbabane Swallows where he conceded two goals in refereeās injury time.
He had come on in the second half to replace Mozambican first-choice goalkeeper Mario Jamine, who reportedly suffered a concussion.
Sources say the technical team and management were left disappointed with Simangaās performance, prompting his release yesterday to allow him to seek another club.
The goalkeeperās departure is understood to mark the start of a major shake-up within the playing unit as the club looks to create space for incoming reinforcements.
The Hub giants are expected to be active in the transfer market as they seek players who can help them avoid relegation.
āIt is true that Simanga has been released due to underperformance. In fact, he has spent most of his time on the sidelines since joining the club at the start of the campaign from Manzini Super League side Moyeni United.
The team is now searching for a younger goalkeeper to replace him,ā said a source close to the matter.
However, the clubās Public Relations Officer, Mongi Simelane said he was yet to receive official confirmation from management.
āNothing has reached my office so far. I will try to find out and then get back to you,ā he said.
Simanga is the third player to leave the club within three weeks, following the exits of imports Sikhumbuzo Mazibuko and Pius Baffour.
Manzini Wanderersā struggles continue, with the team rooted at the bottom of the log standings on six points after managing just one win from 11 matches.
Coach Gcina Dlaminiās charges face another stern test when they host log leaders Nsingizini Hotspurs on Sunday at Mavuso Sports Centre, before taking on Ezulwini United, Royal Leopard and Young Buffaloes in their remaining five first-round fixtures.








